03/03/2013

THE FAITHFUL FIGHTERS

If you know my name, you know my tale,
You know my husband, and you know my sweet Kayle.
You know in November 2010 I got some bad news,
I was in for a battle I was not planning to lose.

Cancer had decided to grow in my Breast,
I had chemo, a double mastectomy, radiotherapy and fought with the best.
The stinking cancer came back last year,
I felt many emotions, including panic and fear.

My diagnosis is Metastasized, Stage 4,
But I will fight and fight, then fight some more.
I get through with the help and support of so many,
I fight with strength inspired by plenty.

The last few years of my life have been all about fun,
And laughter and 'firsts' and getting things done.
Another 'first' I've decided to do with some friends,
Will contribute to bringing Breast Cancer to an end.

Over 3 days, we will be walking 60 miles,
Camping in pink tents and producing lots of smiles.
We will walk around Seattle to raise lots of money,
Hoping and praying it's nice and sunny.

Here's where you come in, would you please get involved,
And donate some money to get this problem solved.
'Why should I donate?', I hear you ask,
Because fighting this disease is a scary task.

Please use this website to read and give,
Give, so many more can survive and live.
Please support me and help me raise more,
And on Breast Cancer, we can shut the door!


Katie and some of her friends are taking part in the Susan G. Komen 3 day challenge. You can show your support to these inspirational ladies by donating anything you can. You can read more about the challenge, Katie or the other ladies on the blog here. You can also visit their blog, The Faithful Fighters.

No comments:

Post a Comment