06/01/2013

BUMPY BOOBS....

I knew I would get your attention with that post title. Bumpy Boobs is a wonderful site created by a lovely lady called Catherine. I contacted Catherine a while ago about being involved in the letter project and contributing a letter and to our delight she said yes!



When Catherine featured us on her blog, she wrote this:

"Kristi’s concept of Life Changes is really interesting, particularly since ‘new normal’ and losing the person we were before diagnosis is often discussed online. The fact is, life changes – we cannot go back and for me, before engaging in Kristi’s project, ‘back there’ was a place of innocence lost and reality biting very hard
But if I cling to who I was before diagnosis, it makes me sad about who I became immediately after. I guess that’s because the experience held was more physically and emotionally painful than anything I’d ever dealt with in my life. And once felt you can’t go back, so I prefer to look forward and punch things out occasionally. But then Kristi challenged me with the project she’s leading that focuses on writing letters to your 14-year-old self. She asked if I would get involved by writing a letter."
Reading this certainly made us very happy and realising that you can get more out of writing a letter than literally just putting pen to paper. Although this project and the idea of writing letters to ones younger self is not totally unique and has been done before, that doesn't matter. I wanted to create this project as a form of self expression that may otherwise not been expressed. This project is about spending a small amount of time just being and reflecting. We all have stories to tell and that is what makes each and every single one of the letters that we receive unique.  You can read Catherine's letter here on our Facebook Page. 



1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristi, I just found this on your page. Thanks very much for sharing my post. Your project was really very eye-opening. It was my honour to participate!

    Thanks,
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete